Gerardo <gera...@neorigami.com> wrote:

>*Novelty Purse* created by Akira Yoshizawa (1911 - 2005), which diagrams are
>included in *Secrets of Origami* (1971) by Robert Harbin, is hinted to be a
>traditional tato with no reference to Mr. Yoshizawa in >*Complete Origami*
>(1987) by Eric Kenneway

In Secrets of Origami (my version is from 1963) the Novelty Purse is said to be
Origin: Japan. There is no mention of Yoshizawa-san.

The same design is indeed also published in 'Complete Origami', but, as you
say, also without attribution.

It also doesn't appear in Origami Dokuhon 1.

I would love to see the evidence that it is a Yoshizawa design.

Dave