Hi Dave,
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine is useful for old websites.
For citation (3), try
https://web.archive.org/web/20160806124618/https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080512211307AADUvWM

Regards,Tung Kenhttps://www.foldworks.net
    On Tuesday, 14 September 2021, 11:13:14 BST, David Mitchell
<davidgrahammitch...@outlook.com> wrote:

 Thank you to everyone who replied to me about this ... both online and offline.

In following the various links I came to
https://sites.google.com/site/ddmission05/home/chinese-lucky-stars which
states, inter alia, 'From what I could find on the internet, the whole custom
of making these lucky stars and giving them as gifts with meaning really took
off after in a 1980s Chinese movie, a woman gave a man a jar of these folded
stars as a blessing (3)'

(3) cites http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080512211307AADUvWM but
I can't get to that answer.

Does anyone know anything about this film, what it was called, and where it can
be viewed?

Thanks

Dave