Matthew Green <mgr...@origamex.org> wrote:

>Ancestry has records for the death of a war veteran named Jack James Skillman
>who was born on May 30, 1915, and died on December 12, 1977. That matches your
>info.

Thank you. Several people drew this to my attention ... and with that date of
death I was able to find his brief obituary in The Origamian Vol 13 Issue 4
(which confirms the date and therefore that we have the same person here).

If you are interested, you can find my updated page at
https://www.origamiheaven.com/historyjackjskillman.htm

This is still surprisingly little information to have about such an important
and influential paperfolder ...

Dave