Karen Reeds <karenmre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Here's a visual treat: a digitized copy of a beautiful accordion-fold origami
>book from 1935, now in the Tress Collection, University of Pennsylvania
>Libraries, Philadelphia. The curator, Lynne Farrington, tells me that only a
>small part of the collection has been fully catalogued and even less digitized
>so far, so there may well be more origami.

It would be great to see more of the Tress collection digitised.

Digital copies of both Origami Moyo volumes ... in a larger format ...  are
however already available in the Pulverer Collection ... see
https://pulverer.si.edu/node/787/title?f%5B0%5D=dateNormalized%3A1935

(Incidentally I have looked through the entire Pulverer collection and taken
copies of all the prints relating to origami, of which there are many. Not all
of these are yet integrated into the pages on my site, however.)

>For much more about Origami moyo?, Books One and Two, see David Mitchell's
>invaluable posts at Origami Heaven:
 http://www.origamiheaven.com/historyorigamimoyobookone.htm
https://www.origamiheaven.com/historyorigamimoyobooktwo.htm

Hmmm ... yes. I have recorded what I know, or can find out, about Origami Moyo
... but the pages still need a lot of work. If anyone can help identify the
designs, or anyone who speaks Japanese can help me add further information
about the page titles, that would be great.

Incidentally, Origami Moyo was known to Gershon Legman in 1952 and was included
in his bibliography.

Dave