I wanted to make a follow up email. I received a couple of emails from members
of the list, thank you all. And thanks to Anne LaVin I contacted NOA and
learned a couple of things.
According to their email, origami Day in Japan was indeed established by the
Nippon Origami Association NOA, and in 1980... 42 years ago! That's what I
learned, I hope others here appreciate the information as well .

Cheers!
--
Gerardo G.
gerardo(a)neorigami.com

"(...) It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it takes your breath away and
fills you with the true joy of origami. I experienced this in my lessons with
Gerardo G. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Gerardo is (...)" C. R. Read the
full review