Ian is asking for origami envelopes appropriate for standard-size trading
cards. Do you need it to be of the exact size or can there be a bit of leftover
space inside? I think many rectangular models will work for you. You'll find
different diagrams here:
http://www.orihouse.com/elfa.html

https://make-origami.com/ELF/

Once you get the math behind the particular envelope, you can probably cut the
initial sheet to the right size so that the final envelope end up with the
dimensions you wish. I do advice that you add a few of millimeters, or
sixteenths of an inch, taking into account the bulk of eight cards,
There's one I like in particular, it's EnV DeloP, a variation by Michel Grand
of Gay Merrill Gross's Merrill Envelope. That's because the model doesn't eat
up too much of the original sheet, and in Michel's variation, you don't have to
unfold the envelope completely in order to remove its contents. That means
non-origamists will have no problem in opening and closing the envelope as many
times as they wish. It has often happened to me that when I give certain types
of origami containers to non-origamists, they end up with an unfolded and
creased paper after opening it, which they don't know how to fold again nor
have enough motivation to try. That's why I call those models containers for
origamists ; )
If you're interested in that particular envelope, I suggest you contact Michel.
Do you already know him?

Cheers!
--
Gerardo G.
gerardo(a)neorigami.com

"(...) It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it takes your breath away and
fills you with the true joy of origami. I experienced this in my lessons with
Gerardo G. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Gerardo is (...)" C. R. Read the
full review