Yes, it’s a Waterbomb tessellation with squares grafted in (then the antenna
elements sit on the squares). In the figure, figures b and c show where the
squares are grafted in. Then we can get a more efficient packing by using the
staggered arrangement shown in figures e and f.

In that article, there’s a link to the original paper, which is at
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/advs.202105016
<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/advs.202105016>.

Robert