Hey all,

Has anyone tried using RMI in a JSP under Orion?

I've got some code that connects to an RMI server.  This code works from a standalone Java application as well as under JRUN.  However, when I use it under orion, I get the message and stack trace below.  Looking into I've found that this has to do with a URL issue.  However, I'm using the Naming.lookup method of resolving and thus have no control over how this is even specified.  I've included a response to a similar question that I found on the Sun web site to maybe clarify things.  Thanks for any help.

Steve

Here is a response to a similar problem.

Port 21 is the FTP port. Java is probably trying to load files via FTP due to your codebase. Unfortunately NT doesn't normally run an FTP server process (although I think you can set it up as an optional service). Anyway, try removing the "file://" and just leaving the rest of the path.

Also, I seem to have a lot of problems in the past when trying to use the loopback address (127.0.0.1) in a PC that was actually networked... it had something to do with the fact that the registery would associate itself with the other address, or something like that?! Anyway, that was just a random note that probably doesn't concern your current problem.

500 Internal Server Error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid port range: :21

at java.net.SocketPermission.init(SocketPermission.java:341)
at java.net.SocketPermission.<init>(SocketPermission.java:206)
at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getPermission(FtpURLConnection.java:175)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.getPermissions(URLClassLoader.java:393)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(SecureClassLoader.java:145)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:101)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:216)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
at gi.findClass(JAX)
at __jspPage13._jspService(__jspPage13.java:30)
at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.lv(JAX)
at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
at cu.it(JAX)
at cu.forward(JAX)
at c4.kr(JAX)
at c.run(JAX)