Hi,

I am pretty new to Java/JSP/Orion stuff but I have a simple question. I have
managed to install orion server and actually make it run. The sample JSP
taglib example worked fine using the included jar file.

I can't seem though to be able to make use only of the taglib.tld and the
class file. I need to do alot of compilation and experimentation and it
makes no sense to continuely update the jar file everytime I want to change
the class file. When I seperated the jar file into META-INF/taglib.tld and
actually referenced that file in the jsp file, I got the following message
when browsing to the jsp file:
---------
Error parsing JSP page /taglib/footag/index.jsp line 2

Error loading taglib at
file:/C:/orion/ice/default-site/html/taglib/footag/META-INF/taglib.tld: TLD
not found (at META-INF/taglib.tld)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance

Oh and if you can simply tell me how to actually send data out to the jsp
page from the class, I would really appreciated (will save me lots of time
reading help and testing). I have already triped out.print but out is not a
declared variable when compiling using javac, tried to use BodyContent and
bodyConten .print and writeOut but it tells me that it can't reference a
static variable or something in that sense.

Pierre Awaragi
IC Education