I am getting a "No Suitable driver" SQLException. this is the offending
code.
javax.naming.InitialContext ic = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
javax.sql.DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource)
ic.lookup("jdbc/DefaultDS");
con = ds.getConnection();

I have found that I can sometimes generate a "No Suitable driver"
SQLException by calling:
Class.forName(class);
instead of
Class.forName(class).newInstance();
I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I am currently trying
to connect Orion to a MySQL server also running on my laptop.

Current JDK: 1.2.2
Orion Version: 0.8.0
MySQL Version: Shareware Win32
JDBC Driver: mm.mysql 1.2 release(tried the new 2.0 prerelease but no luck)

I had this working in odbc mode, but I wanted to get off that POS access,
now that I am starting to grasp this EJB thing, so I went to some Type IV
drivers with MySQL, and I thought every thing would be peachy keen. Do I
need a "special" driver, or what. I would be curious what other people are
running Orion against, but not any ODBC/access combo's please. I know I
should be on Oracle, or Sybase but I can't find my Sybase for NT CD, and we
are deploying onto Sybase on NIX, so I figured that MySQL would be close
enough till I find a CD. Access has been driving me nuts.

Thanks,
Noah Nordrum

Carpe Diem. A fish a day keeps the doctor away.

Carpe Diem. A fish a day keeps the doctor away.