Hi,

I'm experiencing strange effects which indicate that there is something
wrong with the thread safety of orion database operations. I have a
swing UI that accesses a servlet which accesses lots of ejbs.

after a few clicks, I get lots of database exceptions related to
protocol errors. this happens randomly (e.g.  first few times a finder
method is invoked, it works fine, later it crashes with database
exceptions, the again it works). I've only seen those kinds of protocol
errors when I accidently accessed the same jdbc (Oracle) connection from
multiple threads concurrently.

I'm using orion 0.8.3 with Oracle 8.0.5 on linux jdk1.2.2 (problem
happens with both the sun/inprise and the blackdown jdk)

robert

--
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH