hi,

we ran into a case where findByPrimaryKey leads to incorrect results for
Compound PKs

heres some pseudo code

set arg1, arg2

loop over arg3{
     pk = new pkclass(arg1, arg2, arg3)
     try{
        result = home.findByPrimaryKey(pk)
     } catch(Exception){
         log the error
      }
}

first time we invoke it it works as it's supposed to and throws
exception on the non-existing values of the pk. the second time it is
called the findByPrimaryKey doesn't fail and returns with bean instances
that don't have a matching record in the database. there is no write
operation inbetween.

the pk class correctly implements hashCode and equals methods.

what else can I look for?

I'm using orion 0.8.3

robert

--
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH