We use Visibroker for CORBA, instead of the 1.2 sun.* packages.  In
order to start our CORBA implementation under vbroker instead of sun we
needed to add an orb.properties file in JDK1.2.2\jre\lib containing:

# Make VisiBroker for Java the default ORB
org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB
org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB

When I run the application under Orion that accesses the CORBA
implementation it is trying to use the com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ORB.  When we
run it under Apache/JServ it uses com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB.

I don't think anything needed to be done to get JServ to use the
visigenic classes, aside from creating the orb.properties file as
mentioned above.

The vbroker jar files are in orion\lib - which I understand is scanned
for jars/zips to include at startup.

What am I missing in configuring Orion to use the right classes?

Thanks