I'm trying to create an application by following the
application-creation-howto.html, but I'm having no luck. The application

is a simple JSP file that accesses a JavaBean.

In orion/applications, I have the following directory structure:

sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/test.jsp
sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/META-INF/application.xml
sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/WEB-INF/web.xml
sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/WEB-INF/classes/com/sunpress/beans/Item.java

In orion/config/server.xml, I have added the following line ...

<application name="sunpress/beans/propertyAccess"
  path="../applications/sunpress/beans/propertyAccess" />

... in orion/config/default-web-site.xml, I have added the following
line ...

<web-app application="sunpress/beans/propertyAccess"
    name="sunpress/beans/propertyAccess"
    root="/sunpress/beans/propertyAccess" />

... /sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/META-INF/application.xml looks like
this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application_1_2.dtd">

<application>
 <display-name>sunpress/beans/propertyAccess</display-name>
 <module>
  <web>
   <web-uri>sunpress/beans/propertyAccess</web-uri>
  </web>
 </module>
</application>

... /sunpress/beans/propertyAccess/WEB-INF/web.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-application SYSTEM "web-application.dtd">

<web-app>
 <display-name>"sunpress/beans/propertyAccess"</display-name>
 <description>Simple Bean Example</description>
</web-app>

... when I try to start the Orion server, I get the following error
message:

F:\ORION>java -jar orion.jar
Error initializing server: Error instantiating application at
file:/F:/orion/app
lications/sunpress/beans/propertyAccess: Error reading deployment
descriptor at
META-INF/application.xml

The error message does not provide much help. The file is there, and it
looks to me as though it is correct. Btw, this seems awfully complicated

just to set up a simple JSP example.

david