I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can use the same
EJBs in different applications?

Why not create an application for each client (running under one server,
distributed over many machines) - running off the same classes but different
configurations for each app?

I think this would be fairly scalable? As far as I know Orion would only
load one copy of each class, not one for each app.

My $0.02,

Mike