Hi,

I seem to still be having difficulty in getting Orion started. When I first install .9.4, and run it, its fine..and the default site comes up. I tried creating my own application dir (not .ear at this point). I set up c:\applications as the application folder. From there I put in myapp dir. This would become myapp.ear when jarred up. The structure is as follows:

/myapp/META-INF/application.xml
/myapp/www
/myapp/www/WEB-INF/web.xml

application.xml sets up a WEB module only, no EJB. It points the <web-uri> to www, not /www, not www/, not c:\applications\myapp\www.

I want the "default" site to be my MAIN site, so that when I type in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it brings up my site, and not the default web site. I dont want to have to use /path off of the root URL to get to my site.

In /orion/config/application.xml I did:
<web-module id="bm" path="c:\\applications\\bm\\www" />
This is different than the original, which had id="defaultWebApp" and path="../default-web-site" So, is THIS wrong? I am pointing it to what I want to be the default web site web folder.

The problem I get is that MSIE and Netscape both report that they can't connect to the server. When I run Orion, I see that it says "auto-deploying myapp...." and then it says its started. But for some reason I cant connect to it.

I tried looking at the atm.ear and the other .ear file, disecting them to see what they do, etc. I just cant seem to get it. I want to be able to set up one (or more) application directories where they are not jarred up yet, so that I can constantly work on them, making changes, etc. Thus, the "development" phase of the project. I cant even start on it because I cant get Orion to recognize the www folder or something.

So, if anyone has any clues as to how to get this to work, please help. Id be much appreciated. Worse, I got 3 friends to switch (reluctantly I might add) to Orion, and all of them are pissed because I cant seem to set them up! My stupidity..but the previous version of Orion was so easy to get working.

Oh, I would like to finish with I would like to use the J2EE method of setting up the dirs, not the Orion specific method. I want to be able to .ear up this application dir and move it to any app server and know that it will work.

Thanks. I appreciate any help.

Kevin Duffey
Software Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]