Hello.

I'm not sure this is a bug, but I don't think an applicationserver
should throw a NullPointerException in this case:
(Orion/0.9.4)

I set up a small entity bean example with HypersonicSQL.
Just for testing, I wanted to examine what happens, if orion
can no longer access the database .
So I closed the connection (stopped the HSQLwebserver) after
Orion successfully started.

Now every call of a EntityHome.create() method fails with a

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.evermind.server.ejb.DataSourceConnection.close(JAX)
        at EntityHomeWrapper6.create(EntityHomeWrapper6.java:480)
        at
de.hybris.jakarta.ejb.ProductCategoryEJB.createProductCategory(ProductCategoryEJB.java:55)
        at EntityBeanWrapper5.createProductCategory(EntityBeanWrapper5.java:485)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a2.fq(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a2.run(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.b.run(JAX)

The code fragment of ProductCategoryEJB.java:55 where I call the underlaying 'create'
is

                ProductCategory cat = productCategoryHome.create( id );

If the HSQL-Server runs everything works fine, if I close it, I get the
NullPointerException.

When I wait until the ejbPassivate() is called on the enterprise java bean, I get a
normal
"Connection to server refused: No further information" exception.

If you have any idea or need more information, please let me know.

Greetings from Munich,

   Thomas Hert

---

Thomas Hertz