Hey all,

I get this weird effect occuring on a JSP page with Orion .9.4. I know it
didn't happen with an earlier version, and it doesn't happen on two other
app servers and IIS/JRUN, so I am hoping that I have found a bug for the
Orion team.

Here is the offending code in my JSP page:

<% if( LoginFlag > 0 )
   {
%>
   <jsp:useBean id="loginBean" scope="request"
class="com.bm.ui.beans.LoginBean" />
   <jsp:setProperty name="loginBean" property="*" />
   <%@ include file="/include/login.inc" %>
<%
   }
%>

The thing is, it generates a 509KB JSP file, and here is a snippet of the
jsp page:

--------------------------------

if( loginFlag > 0 )
{
                        com.bm.ui.beans.LoginBean loginbean =
(com.bm.ui.beans.LoginBean)request.getAttribute("loginbean");
                        if(loginbean == null)
                        {
                                        loginbean = new com.bm.ui.beans.LoginBean();
                                request.setAttribute("loginbean", loginbean);
                        }
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("redirectUrl");
                        if(_tempString != null) loginbean.setRedirectUrl(_tempString);
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("loginName");
                        if(_tempString != null) loginbean.setLoginName(_tempString);
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("loginPassword");
                        if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.setLoginPassword(_tempString);
                        try
                        {
                                _tempString = request.getParameter("mediamediaType");
                                if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.getMedia().setMediaType(Integer.parseInt(_tempString));
                        }
                        catch(NumberFormatException e) {}
                        try
                        {
                                _tempString =
request.getParameter("connectiontransactionIsolation");
                                if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.getConnection().setTransactionIsolation(Integer.parseInt(_tempStri
ng));
                        }
                        catch(NumberFormatException e) {}
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("connectionautoCommit");
loginbean.getConnection().setAutoCommit("on".equalsIgnoreCase(_tempString));
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("connectioncatalog");
                        if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.getConnection().setCatalog(_tempString);
                        _tempString = request.getParameter("connectionreadOnly");
loginbean.getConnection().setReadOnly("on".equalsIgnoreCase(_tempString));
                        try
                        {
                                _tempString =
request.getParameter("connectionmetaDatatypeInfofetchDirection");
                                if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.getConnection().getMetaData().getTypeInfo().setFetchDirection(Inte
ger.parseInt(_tempString));
                        }
                        catch(NumberFormatException e) {}
                        try
                        {
                                _tempString =
request.getParameter("connectionmetaDatatypeInfofetchSize");
                                if(_tempString != null)
loginbean.getConnection().getMetaData().getTypeInfo().setFetchSize(Integer.p
arseInt(_tempString));
                        }
                        catch(NumberFormatException e) {}

Sorry for the long email..but not sure how else to show whats going on. The
strange thing is, if I remove the <jsp:setProperty..> tag, it works
fine..except that the auto-populate feature is disabled for the login form
that is displayed via the include of login.inc. As I scroll down the jsp
page generated, its all catch(NumberFormatException e) tags. I cant quite
make out why this is occurring.

If anyone can shed some light..that would be great. I dont see why this
doesn't work when it used to in a previous version of Orion (.8.2) and it
works on two other app servers plus IIS/JRUN.

thanks.