Just tried Orion 0.9.4p - the problem still exists with
com.evermind.naming.il
- Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Tuatini, Jeff (PS, IM)
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 1:03 PM
To: 'Orion-Interest'
Subject: BUG with com.evermind.naming.ik - no support for bundled
extensions

Hi,

It appears that the Orion class loader (com.evermind.naming.ik) does not
support the Class-Path jar manifest attribute and hence bundled extensions.
I've experimented with the java.net.URLClassLoader and noticed that it
supports bundled extensions but Orion does not use this.

This is a key feature - we group common classes used within an enterprise
application in separate jars that are then either deployed into the
WEB-INF/lib directory or specified as bundled extensions of EJB jars
depending on the scope of usage.

Because of this bug we are unable to auto-deploy our EJBs, let alone run
them. The only way around this is to explicitly specify the extension jars
in the <library> element of the server.xml or as installed extensions - both
solutions are undesirable.

Any expediency that can be applied to fixing this bug would be greatly
appreciated. Otherwise, great job on developing a leading edge server.

Regards, Jeff