From: mark kaseman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 6:22 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Frustration

        I would like to share my frustrations with the group. I have a small
JSP application that works fine with jswdk-1.0.1 from SUN.    This
application does getClass().getResourceAsStream("XXXXX.properties") to
retrieve some run-time property values and then does

             classGenericDynDataBase        = clsldrEIEDynLoader.loadClass
("com.mkaseman.util.JDBC.JEieDBInstantDB", true);
             uoDynDataBase   = (JEieDynDBBase)
classGenericDynDataBase.newInstance();

    based on the values in the run-time properties.

    This all works fine under jswdk-1.0.1, under ORION I have nothing but
java.lang.Exceptions. It seems I can no longer find my properties file? I
can tweak my getResourceAsStream and redeploy my jar file to get past this
problem, but the next exception now on the loadClass method. No we can't
find the class I am trying to load dynamically.

    I give up, what's the issue??? I don't want to re-configure everything
at this point only to find another exception awaits me.