Is it my imagination, but the minute any kind of complex finding is required
on an entity bean, CMP becomes useless.  For example, I have entities called
EMPLOYEE, PERSON, and SEX (M/F/Other you know).

EMPLOYEE is a PERSON with SEX.

I have a function in EmployeeHome, findFemaleEmployees().  How do I
implement this with CMP?  The query has to do something like:

SELECT EMPLOYEE_ID FROM EMPLOYEE, PERSON, SEX WHERE SEX.TYPE="F" AND
EMPLOYEE.ID=PERSON.ID AND PERSON.SEX_ID = SEX.ID

Please note that SEX.ID is not the same as SEX.TYPE.

Can this be done with CMP or do I need to use BMP?  If the answer is use BMP
(and this is such a TRIVIAL) example, that it seems CMP is pretty much
useless.

-AP_