man, would I love to have an application that uses entity beans where the
exception handling is the bottleneck ;-). just kidding, no offense. I would
also be interested in numbers but I would suspect that there are many other
issues with entity beans (or EJB in general) that affect the overall
performance of your application orders of magnitude more.

regards,

robert

At 09:22 14.04.00 , Barry Fujii wrote:
>its just an option, depending on your level of usage, one method may
>outweigh the other.
>
>Does anyone have any current timings on how multiple levels of Exception
>handling cost in run time? I remember seeing a javaworld article a while
>back, but that was for older 1.1 versions of JDKs.
>
>Barry

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de