Hm.  It didn't work for me.  I tried adding the mapping in the
/WEB-INF/orion-web.xml file between <web-app>...</web-app>.  Is this
where it goes.  (The doc for orion-web.xml.html didn't explain servlet
mapping, it is mentioned in the web-app.xml.html doc, though.)  My app is
Model2 (I'm trying out the stuff you've been talking about in the jsp-interest
forum).  I have tried url-pattern[s] like /Model2/*.mdl2, /*.mdl2 and just plain
*.mdl2.  When I access http://server.local.net/Model2/index.mdl2, I get a 404
in every case.  I'm using Orion 0.9.6.

The mapping keeps being done from the web.xml.  When the application
auto-deploys,
Orion overwrites the orion-web.xml file and removes any servlet mappings in it.
Is there some relationship between web.xml and orion-web.xml that I'm missing?

Magnus made the comment, " "*.test" is an extension mapping (file extension),
the most common mistake is to simply not have a file by that name at that
location (*.ext differs from other mappings in that it needs a file to act
upon)."
The Servlet 2.2 spec doesn't mention a requirement for the existence of a file
at a location for a mapping to occur.  It simply states that any map beginning
with a '/' character is a path mapping; any map beginning with a '*' is an
extension mapping.  I don't understand how this can be interpreted to require
an actual file to exist whose name must match the requested name before a
mapping
will invoke a servlet.  I also don't understand what the use of such a file
would be in relation to the servlet being invoked.

Thanks for your part in making this forum and the jsp forum so interesting and
useful.

Mark