Hello.

I'm not sure this is a orion specific issue.

Is it true, that serializing a java.lang.Class object and
recreating it in a different VM can cause problems?

If have a bean which takes a Class[] as arguement.
Class implements Serializable, thats not the problem, but
when I call the bean, the EJBcode at serverside always
receives a NULL-pointer, even when I put something different
as an argument.

I think that because Class is defined not only by name, but
also by it's ClassLoader, it could cause problems when
deserializing it?

what do you think? How do you transport Class-Object over
RMI?

Greetings, Thomas

- ---

Thomas Hertz