>I need to find out how one persists an Entity Bean to Disk as opposed to a
>Database.  The J2EE developer docs suggest that no use can be made of the
>java.io package within an Entity Bean.  This indicates to me that I should
>be using services provided by the Orion container in order to do this.  I
>can't find these services however and would appreciate some information
>regarding how I should go about this.

It is feasible to do this, by rolling your own persistance daemon which can
do something like run in another VM (or thread with appropriate privileges)
and handle all file writing/reading and be available via RMI (or another
transport layer). The main reason this is not advised is that the
data-stores need to exhibit transactional features - the application server
can not utilise these if they do not exist.

-Joe Walnes