Hi,

I'm still not sure I understand how classloaders are used in orion and
would like to ask a few things. before tonight I always thought that a
class that's loaded via the orion.jar classpath has priority over the class
with the same name loaded from a jar that's specified in a library-path
element in server.xml (i.e. it's not being loaded at all). that means if I
do not want to risk interfering with the server I cannot choose my own
version of xalan, xerces to use in my applications. I just stumbled over a
case where this obviously behaves differently (the version from the library
path is taken). Is this version then also used for orion's internal
parsing, meaning that I risk having strange side effects?

Is it possible to safely use my own versions of libs that also shipping
with orion (like xalan, xerces etc.?) in my application code?

thanks for any clarification.

robert

p.s.:a short note on the classloader setup in orion would be a good thing
to include in the docs as it frequently affects the developer, judging by
the number of postings on this list that are somehow related to classloader
issues. I know either magnus or karl once sent a mail to the list
explaining the basic setup but I cannot find it anymore.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de