Hi everyone,

this might have been asked before, but I have a question regarding JNDI
lookups.

I tried the ConverterApp example that is in the J2EE Developer's Guide
(Getting Started). So I used the J2EE deploytol and then deployed the ear in
orion. In order to run the application Client I need to put both the
client-jar and the EJB-jar in the classpath:

CPATH=.;%ORION_HOME%\orion.jar;%ORION_HOME%\ejb.jar;%ORION_HOME%\jndi.jar;ap
p-client-ic.jar;ejb-jar-ic.jar

java -classpath %CPATH% ConverterClient

If I don't put the ejb-jar in the classpath, the client doesn't run. So in
this sense, it seems that the JNDI name lookup doesn't work!? Then how would
I go about running a remote client that communicates with the ejb if such
lookup doesn't work?

It's possible that I misunderstood something.
So any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

regards,

Alex