I just set up Orion server on Linux and PostgreSQL 7.0 as the backend
database.  When I tried to set up and deploy the sample applications (ATM
and News), I received the following errors:

Auto-deploying news-ejb.jar... SQL error: ERROR: parser: parse error at or
near ")"

Auto-deploying atm-ejb.jar... SQL error: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or
near ")"

[... several tables are successfully created ...]

Auto-creating table: create table com_acme_atm_ejb_AccountOwner_accounts
(value
varchar(255) not null, username_ varchar(255) not null, primary key (value,
username_))
Warning: Error creating table: ERROR:  Cannot create index:
'com_acme_atm_ejb_accountow_pkey' already exists

When I subsequently accessed the ATM application and tried to register a new
user, a SQLException was thrown: "Relation 'com_acme_atm_ejb_accountowner_a'
does not exist.

Earlier, I set up the same sample applications using HypersonicSQL as the
backend database and there were no errors at all - with deployment or when
accessing them.

Do I have something configured incorrectly, or does Orion server have
inherent problems when paired with PostgreSQL?  Also, is there any way to
turn on some diagnostic logging that will produce more detailed (and useful)
error messages?  I looked through the various logs in Orion's log directory
and there were no errors at all.  The documentation is of very little use
for troubleshooting.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Christopher Morley