Hallo!

This question is perhaps not orion specific, but bear with me. I am a bit
desperate.

This is the case:

I have an application running as an applet inside jave-plugin version 1.3. I
have signed the .jar files which are used with a self made certificate and
jarsigner -verify says it's good. Applet and orion is on the same computer
and addressed through the same dns name. I also have GIS-engine running on
the same machin, which is also addressed, from the applet and works through
sockets. It works fine from the applet. And if I run the program in like
java -jar <app>.jar it works.

Now to the problem, when I try to make a connection through to the naming
server in orion from the applet I get a security failure.

This is what the java console gives me:

(java.util.PropertyPermission xml.validate read)
                at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
                at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)

                at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
Source)
                at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
                at com.evermind.server.XMLConfig.<init>(JAX)
                at com.evermind.server.ServerComponent.<init>(JAX)
                at
com.evermind.server.deployment.ApplicationClientArchive.<init>(JAX)
                at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext
(JAX)
                at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)
                at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
Source)
                at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
                at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at
com.telenor.mobil.planit.pakka.Pakka.loadDatabaseData(Pakka.java:165)
                at com.telenor.mobil.planit.pakka.Pakka.init(Pakka.java:75)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The source code which gives this is:

                // Put this applet instance into the environment
                Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
                env.put(Context.APPLET, this);
                System.out.println("pip");
                Context ctx = new InitialContext(env);
                System.out.println("pip");
                // List objects
                NamingEnumeration enum = ctx.list("");
                System.out.println("pip");
                while (enum.hasMore())
                {
                   System.out.println(enum.next());
                }
                System.out.println("pip");

                ActivityHome home = (ActivityHome)
ctx.lookup("ejb/pakka/Activity");

Applet start code is::

                <jsp:param name="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory" />
                <jsp:param name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="ormi://localhost/appit" />
                <jsp:param name="java.naming.security.principal"
value="appit" />
                <jsp:param name="java.naming.security.credentials"
value="appit00" />

This gives in html:

                <PARAM NAME="java.naming.factory.initial"
VALUE="com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory">
                <PARAM NAME="java.naming.provider.url"
VALUE="ormi://localhost/appit">
                <PARAM NAME="java.naming.security.principal" VALUE="appit">
                <PARAM NAME="java.naming.security.credentials"
VALUE="appit00">

Everything looks fine except from that dammed exception. And I have
of'course made an application-client.xml that refers to the ejb session
beans in question. Since everything works standalone I am lost. Since I
signed the applet too I am really lost.

I would be most grateful for any help...

Regards,
Torgeir Lerkerød