> It seems that Orion is regenerating all my beans whenever I even a small
> change in the orion-ejb-jar.xml (even though as my last email said, it's
> just ignoring the changes). Is there a way around this? It's quite a
> nuisance to have to wait for several minutes while it's regenerating all
> the beans after making one simple change.

Joel, I'm not sure of a way around this, but I found the majority of the
time spent was on the ejb wrappers being compiled. Switching from javac to
jikes got my deployment time down from over 8 minutes to 15 seconds (and a
massive increase in time it takes to compile jsp's).

Jikes: http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jikes/

To get orion to use it for compiling, add to config/server.xml:

<compiler executable="/path-to/jikes"
classpath="/path-to-real-jdk/jre/lib/rt.jar" />

-Joe Walnes