hello Karl Avedal :

I 'm a new user for Orion Server.
I meet the shutdown issue too.
My Environment  is :
NTS 4 for Simple Chinese ,Sp6a,Sun's Jdk1.3 with Hotspot VM Server 2.0, orion server
1.1.4  ,my orion server's port is 8000

when I use: java -jar ormi://myhost.domain.com:8000 admin pass -shutdown

and I meet a error,the error info is :
Error: javax.naming.NamingException : Lookup error: java.io.StreamCorruptedException:
Caught EOFException while reading the stream header ; nested exception is :
  java.io.StreamCorruptedException : Caught EOFException while reading the stream
header.

I also try with jdk1.3 without   Hotspot VM, but the error is same .
and I also try with sun's jdk1.2.2_005 ,but the error is same.

Could you help me ?
Thanks a lot !

            chenbin
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]