                From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Tuesday, July 04, 2000 9:27 AM
                To:     Orion-Interest
                Subject:        Update: Performance & Scalability

                All,

                In a previous message I expressed my concern about
performance as compared with Weblogic 5.1.  With assistance from Karl
Avedal, I made some changes to my application and am very pleased to
announce that Orion is approximately 2x faster than Weblogic 5.1.

                I wasn't using the DB connection pool and it is a pleasure
to work with a product that does conform and support the latest J2EE
specification.

                In general, migrating from WL to Orion has been pretty
painless.  Most of the changes were container specific, config files, etc.
and no code changes.  The only code changes I'm now going to make has to do
with improving my code.  This exercise has identified areas that were
inefficient or were specific to WL.

                BTW,  my evaluation of Orion and two other Ejb servers has
resulted in Orion as my choice hands down.

                Thanks
                Tom

                Tom Wnuk
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]