sessions should be OK across server restarts as long as they contain only
serializable values or ejb references. you configure persistent sessions in
orion-web.xml of the particular web module via the persistence-path
attribute (see below).

<orion-web-app
         deployment-version="1.1.8"
         development="true"
         persistence-path="../persistence/state.ser"
         jsp-cache-directory="../persistence"
         temporary-directory="./temp"
         servlet-webdir="/servlet/"

>Also, I was wondering what the expected behavior is of doing a RESTART or
>SHUTDOWN-then-startup.  Should all the user sessions still be valid when the
>server comes back up?  They aren't for me, currently, but I assume that's
>caused by the same problem as above.
>
>If someone can enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it.
>Thank you,
>Brien Voorhees

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de