I need to run multiple instances of Orion server on my development machine.
Both of these instances will use the same EJBs, etc, but need different
ejb-jar.xml files. However, I am using Apache/JRun as my servlet engine, and
calling the orion ejb server (and I'll need to have a second Jrun going too
but I know how to do that).

The reason for two Orion servers is that each one of the servet applications
that access the EJB server provide a different caching policy of the viewed
data/objects. My code allows for CACHE/NO CACHE of the underlying business
objects, both in the EJB server and the JRun servlet application. I need to
be able to run both on the same hardware box (my development box is NT,
deployment is Solaris).

What I'm not sure about is:
1. how to tell each EJB server what kind of caching policy to use when
starting and loading objects. Right now my ejb-jar.xml contains the
information that tells objects how they should be cached/not cached. I'll
need to reference two different ejb-jar.xml files somehow.
2. How to tell the servlets who to lookup EJBs. I currently use these values
in a properties file for the servlet engine:

PCAT_CatalogOrdering_App.namingProviderUrl=ormi://localhost/PolygonEJB
PCAT_CatalogOrdering_App.namingFactoryInitial=com.evermind.server.Applicatio
nClientInitialContextFactory
PCAT_CatalogOrdering_App.namingSecurityPrincipal=admin
PCAT_CatalogOrdering_App.namingSecurityCredentials=123
PCAT_CatalogOrdering_App.ejbServerAlias=ProductCatalogEJBApplicationStartupB
ean

How would I reference a different Orion ejb server, is there some specific
port setting to be made in the configuration files.

Thanks, any help is appreciated,
Mike

Mike Fontenot - Object Systems Architect
BrandMatrix, Ltd.
Golden, Colorado