Hi,
You will find that there is a descriptor in the same directory as where the
principals.xml is located which actually points to the principls.xml that it can
not find or create. If your not using the principals.xml I suggest you just
remove the reference to the principals.xml and you wont get this problem. The
reference to the principals file is in orion-application.xml.
This is what I done to solve this problem. However in my case I did not need to
use the services of the principals.xml, so for me it was a solution.

Regards Alex Chudnovsky
(dude_ejb)