Is anyone else using the orion XSLServlet?

I have been trying to use xsl:variable and xsl:parameter, e.g.

    <xsl:variable name="images">/common/images</xsl:variable>

This should be allowed at the top level However, trying to process an xml
request through this stylesheet yields the following message:

Internal XSL-parser error: java.lang.RuntimeException (createDocument() not
supported in XMLParserLiaisonDefault!)

If I remove the variable declaration, everything works fine. There are no
reference to the variable yet...

Another issue is the use of special characters, such as ©, or a bullet
(&#149;) within the xsl stylesheet. Each of these displays an additional
character in front of the special character, e.g. ©.

Regards,

Earl
Earl Marwil
SCIENTECH, Inc.