Thank-you.  In my class, when I use getConnection(), what is the
corresponding class to import?  Is this a orion specific class, or just the
javax.sql.connection?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of wim veninga
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 5:38 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: POSTGRES AND ORION NEWBIE QUESTION

Hi Robert,

Your first question:

    Orion emulates the jdbc 2.0 functionality for you if you use
class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
    in data-sources.xml.

    So you will get something like this :
    <data-source
        name="postgresql"  {link to the database-schemas\postgresql.xml}
        class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"   {Orion jdbc2.0
emulator}
        location="jdbc/postgreDS"
        pooled-location="jdbc/postgrePooledDS"
        xa-location="jdbc/xa/postgreXADS"
        ejb-location="jdbc/postgreEJBDS"
        url="jdbc:postgre:yourDB"
        connection-driver=""  {location (class and package of postgre
driver}
        username="your_username"
        password="your_password"
    />

Your second question:
Don't use getPooledConnection but use getConnection() because Datasource
doesn't have a method
getPooledConnection()

Hope this helps.
Greetings Wim Veninga