From: David Sierra Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, July 28, 2000 9:22 PM
Subject: EJB CLIENT

Hi all, I'm very worried 'cause i'm not able to make a EJB client to work.
I've deployed my app without problems but I can't execute the client.

I've created the client-application.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application-client PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application Client
1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application-client_1_2.dtd">
<application-client>
<display-name>Cliente AGENDA ORION</display-name>
<ejb-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>MyAgendaS</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
<home>AgendaSHome</home>
<remote>AgendaS</remote>
</ejb-ref>
</application-client>

Then I tried to include a jndi.properties file in my app as i read in FAQ:

java.naming.factory.initial=com.evermind.server.
ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=ormi://localhost
java.naming.security.principal=admin

but it still does not work. When I tried to execute the client this the
error I get:

C:\orion\APPLIC~1\Agenda\Agenda-ejb>java -classpath
.;C:\orion\orion.jar;C:\orio
n\ejb.jar;C:\orion\jndi.jar; AgendaSClient
Lanzada una excepcion.
javax.naming.NamingException: Error reading application-client
descriptor: No lo
cation specified and no suitable instance of the type 'AgendaS' found for
the ej
b-ref MyAgendaS
        at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitial
Context(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
72)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:250
)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:226)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:182)
        at AgendaSClient.main(AgendaSClient.java:16)

I WILL APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP OR CLUES !!!!!

        David Sierra Fern ndez
        Ingeniero Tecnico de Telecomunicaci¢n
        AULA RETECAL (CEDETEL)   Universidad de Valladolid
        Campus Miguel Delibes   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        47011 Valladolid (SPAIN)

-- Sierr@ --