Hi,

I gave many try to run Cloudscape 3.5 database's
"Simple" example on my linux box. here is the detail
info. on my profile file and output from cloudscape.

Testing for presence of Cloudscape-related libraries
for embedded environment.
                                   FOUND IN CLASS
PATH:

                                   Cloudscape primary
library (cloudscape.jar or cloudsync.jar)

                                   Valid Cloudscape
license

                                   NOT FOUND IN CLASS
PATH:
                                   user-specified
class (CloudscapeSimfleApp)

(CloudscapeSimpleApp not found.)

   here is  my /etc/profile file settings:

===================================================================================================================

   # /etc/profile
   # (c) MandrakeSoft, Chmouel Boudjnah
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   # Users generally won't see annoyng core files
   [ "$UID" = "0" ] && ulimit -c 1000000

   # System wide environment and startup programs
   # Functions and aliases go in /etc/bashrc
   PROFILE_LOADED=1

   ##### Handle by Mandrake Security
   #PATH="$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin"

   ##### Handle by Mandrake Security
   #if [ `id -gn` = `id -un` -a `id -u` -gt 14 ]; then
   # umask 002
   #else
   # umask 022
   #fi

   USER=`id -un`
   LOGNAME=$USER
   MAIL="/var/spool/mail/$USER"

   HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`
   HISTSIZE=1000

   if [ -z "$INPUTRC" -a ! -f "$HOME/.inputrc" ]; then
       export INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
   fi

   export PATH PS1 USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE

   JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3
   export JAVA_HOME
   J2EE_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdkee1.2.1
   export J2EE_HOME

   if [ -x /usr/bin/lesspipe.sh ];then
     export LESSOPEN="|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s"
   fi

   for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
    if [ -x $i ]; then
     . $i
    fi
   done

   unset i

   # Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment,
remove the next line too.
   SECURE_LEVEL=3

   # Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment,
remove the next line too.
   umask 022

   # Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment,
remove the next line too.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6.bin:/usr/games:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$J2EE_HOME/bin
   export PATH SECURE_LEVEL

CLOUDSCAPE_INSTALL=/usr/local/j2sdkee1.2.1/cloudscape
   export

CLASSPATH=${CLOUDSCAPE_INSTALL}/lib/cloudscape.jar:${CLOUDSCAPE_INSTALL}/lib/tools.jar:${CLOUDSCAPE_INSTALL}/demo/programs/simple/CloudscapeSimpleApp.class:${CLASSPATH}

   # Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment,
remove the next line too.
   export PATH SECURE_LEVEL

 Netcenter Help