Hi all,

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm confused here.

Why should I deploy a java client application?

If I write a java client application I can access an EJB home interface stub
using the InitialContext and a lookup. If I want to actually execute a home
interface method,  I need the home interface class so I can narrow the stub
object.

After that i can create, remove etc EJB instances and to do so I need the
remote interface class.

So, as I see it now I could write a standalone java client application and
only need the home and remote interface classes (and libs like j2ee.jar of
course).

So why should I deploy the java client application on the server?

Everybody is doing it, so I guess I'm overlooking something? Is there
someone out there who's willing to explain it to me? The literature I read
was not very clear on all this.

TIA,

Erwin Brinkhuis