Interbase 6 is great, when you don't mind the shortcomings in the JDBC
driver (a fix for it is now in testing, though): it does not support
renaming columns using AS. So "select count(*) AS userCount from users" will
not allow getInt("userCount"), though getInt(1) works fine, so there is a
simple workaround.
I find Interbase stable and fast as well. Maybe not quite as good there as
Oracle, but at the price (and the footprint, full install is under 25MB,
where Oracle has a minimum install of about 250MB).

Jeroen T. Wenting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Murphy was wrong, things that can't go wrong will anyway