From: Frank Eggink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 12:17 PM
To: 'Paul Knepper'; Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: EJB stub classes and stand-alone remote java client

Hi Paul,

I just dropped an example in the mailing list. For some reason Orion does
not need
you to generate stubs. I do not fully understand how they get away with
that. Wrt. your
ClassNotFoundException, which class can't be found?

It could be a bogus setting in the jndi properties or a bogus
application-client.xml?

Frank

On Tuesday, August 22, 2000 4:37 PM, Paul Knepper
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I've been trying to get my standalone java client to access EJBs on a
remote
> machine, but with no luck.  I've deployed a J2EE application with my EJBs
in
> it.  But I can't figure out how to generate the stub classes.
>
> I can't find the Orion tool to generate the stub classes that the client
> would normally reference from the CLASSPATH  (as described in "Java 2
> Enterprise Edition Developer's Guide" page 95).  How do you generate the
> stub classes that enable the client to communicate with the enterprise
bean?
> This is a simple thing to do with the deploytool that comes with Sun's
J2EE