From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 2:39 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Problem with Cart example in Orion 1.0.3 - classnotfound
exception

Hello,

I am not able to solve this problem still.

Can anyone in the forum help?

Regards
Subbu.
---------------------- Forwarded by Subramanian Balasubramanian on
08/23/2000 02:08 PM ---------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@orionserver.com on 08/18/2000
05:11:53 PM

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

      exception

Hello,

I have a problem in running the cartclient:

OS: Win 95
Orion server: 1.0.3

I am facing some problems in running the sample applications here. This is
a 'Cart' example and have done all the setup as they have mentioned in
their documentation and also able to run the server.

These are the steps I followed to install the example in my WIN 95 machine,
based on whats available at
http://www.orionserver.com/docs/ejbexamples/index.html:

1. Started orion server
2. Opened another DOS session
3. For the cartclient example:

 Updated the server.xml to add ejbsamples and its path
Updated principal.xml to remove 'deactivate=true'
Ran the cartclient as mentioned in your document

(Its also talking about EJBusermanager installation which I could not do as
the required XML file is not available in the software.Am not sure whether
that should be done here).

Does Orion run in Win 95 environment?

Error while trying to run the CartClient:

        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:226)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:182)
        at CartClient.main(CartClient.java:17)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com/evermind/server/administration/ResourceFin
der
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.invokeMethod(Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a_.invoke(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a0.invoke(Compiled Code)
        at __Proxy0.getEJBHome(Unknown Source)
        at
com.evermind.server.administration.LazyResourceFinder.getEJBHome(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.Application.akc(Compiled Code)
        at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitial
Context(Compiled Code)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
72)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:250
)
.