Take a look at Flux.
http://www.simscomputing.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason von Nieda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 10:08 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: How to handle scheduled tasks?

I am trying to decide how I should handle scheduled tasks in my
applications under Orion. I have to do things like send out montly
e-mails to registered users,  expire old content every 90 days and such.
I originally did this as a servlet that created a Thread but I was
uncomfortable with it. I am currently doing it completely seperate
from my application as a stand alone application but this is not
ideal as it makes portability of applications difficult. I am currently
looking into using EJBs for the task, but they don't quite fit
either. Any ideas or experience on this one? Thanks.