The only requirement is that the HTML and JSP pages are located somewhere in
.war file, though not in the WEB-INF directory.  The name of the web application
is the root, and the HTML and JSP pages are relative to that root in the .war
file.  So, a web application mapped to the application name "myweb" with the
following WAR structure...

    WEB-INF/web.xml
    WEB-INF/classes/...
    index.html