Sigh...

It's late, I'm tired and I wasted everybodies bandwidth. Sorry.

global-web-application.xml:

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>Driver</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>DriverServlet</servlet-class>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>Driver</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/Driver/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

http://wolf/Driver/a/bit/deeper.jsp?a=1&b=2     <<- no smartass comments about
the url please - I didn't think this up deliberately, it was accidental. I
read this put to my SO (Ben) and he burst into laughter and nearly mucked up
his game of Diablo II. It took a while for me to get it. Mind you it shows
the state of my mind I suppose...  ;-)

yields:

        Path Info:
                RealPath C:\Webs\SmartOffice.
                ServerInfo Orion/1.2.7
                RemoteAddr 192.168.1.20
                RemoteHost wolf
                ServerName wolf
                ServerPort 80
                CharacterEncoding null
                Secure? false
                ContentLength 0
                ContentType null
                Protocol HTTP/1.1
                Scheme http
                ContextPath
                PathInfo /a/bit/deeper.jsp
                PathTranslated C:\Webs\SmartOffice\a\bit\deeper.jsp
                ServletPath /Driver
                Method GET
                QueryString a=1&b=2
                RequestURI /Driver/a/bit/deeper.jsp
        Parameters:
                Attribute [b]==[2]
                Attribute [a]==[1]

I think I *will* go and stick my head in the oven... :-0

Kimbo.