Hi,
yes, sadly the clustering howto has gotten delayed. The schedule is still to
have it up by the end of this day though. Meanwhile I'll post some short
instructions to get the basics going;
1. Get the latest jar (for loadbalancer) from
http://www.orionserver.com/orion/orion.jar or with autoupdate.
2. Go thru the http-clustering-howto and follow it's steps.
3. Add cluster-island="1" to the web-site.xml file (in the <web-site ... >
tag).
4. Add <frontend host="balancer.host.name.com" port="balancerport" /> inside
the <web-site> tag. This will make sure that URL rewrites and redirects etc
are handled correctly.
5. Make sure you're not on a dialup since this will reroute your multicast
net.
6. Start the balancer: java -jar loadbalancer.jar, alternatively you can
add -port if port 80 is occupied on that box.
7. Start the backend servers, they'll show up (should if everything is ok)
in the balancer process's console.
8. Done, try accessing the balancer's ip:port.

Note; these are just temp notes but should get you going. Good luck!

/Magnus Stenman, the Orion team

PS. Docs are being focused, no doubt about it, just that a lot of stuff will
appear in "batch updates", redesigning of the info structure etc.