I found the problem. I was failing to close a database connection. Seems a rather strange error though.

Simon.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 1:39 PM
Subject: What does "User interference with CMP transaction" imply?

I have no code which explicitly manipulates transactions (ie no
getUserTransaction() no setRollBackOnly(), etc). I get this error when ejbLoad() fails with an AssertionError calling a method on an entity bean with a transaction attribute of
'NotSupported' from a stateless session bean with a transaction attribute of
'Required'.

Orion server then locks up.

com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException: User interference with CMP
transaction (illegal termination of transaction)
        at
IGateway_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper10.handleMessage(IGateway_Statele
ssSessionBeanWrapper10.java:192)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.run(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.hw(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.run(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)
at connection to localhost/127.0.0.1 as admin
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.invokeMethod(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a2.invoke(JAX)
        at __Proxy2.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
        at cats.gateway.GatewayProxy.handleMessage(GatewayProxy.java:36)
        at cats.gateway.external.Loader.process(Loader.java:47)
        at cats.gateway.external.DirWatcher.run(DirWatcher.java:84)