You might opt for installing a simple Linux router if you can't find a Solaris Network
Address Translation tool. The Linux box would only be used to route the TCP/IP
packages
from one port to another.

It is the old Linux story. Claim and older Pentium PC with some 32 Mb memory in
it (in that case you can run X11, which make the installation procedure easier).
Buy a Linux distribution (e.g. SuSE, Redhat or whatever). Install it. Believe me it
takes you less time then installing Windows.

Read the IPCHAINS-HOWTO, which is somewhere in /usr/doc. This could take you a few
hours,
but its is nice to know what you are actually doing with ipchains. Experiment with it
and make
sure you understand what you are doing. After all it should be reliable and secure.

I would say it takes you one to two days to get it up and running and 1000$ hardware
when you
buy a new machine for it. All assuming you have some knowledge about TCP/IP and UNIX
in general.

Frank