Hi Denis,

Yes! Thank you!  I have reported this problem several times myself (before
bugzilla). I found that if you change your ejb-jar.xml file to
(incorrectly) use the GROUP name instead of the ROLE name, then access is
granted.

However, the behaviour also depends on where you specify the mapping
between the group and the role.  From your problem I guess you are
specifying it in orion-application.xml.  If you specify it in
orion-ejb-jar.xml (for just one particular module rather than for the whole
application) then it works as expected.

Hopefully now that two of us have reported the same problem, it will
finally get fixed!

Nick

At 02:35 PM 9/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>After many time spent in trying to implement a demo J2EE application with
>security, I discovered a bug in the mapping between role and user/group
>process.

<snip>